Neighborhood Parks 3 and 4
Grounds & Facilities Committee Releases its Recommendation for the Comprehensive Park Plans – Resident Comment Period Open
After a year of input, discussions, and study, the Grounds & Facilities Committee (Committee) has submitted its recommendation for Parks 3 and 4 to the BCA Board of Directors (Board) for their consideration and adoption. The proposed Comprehensive Park Plans set a general vision for future enhancements at the parks. The recommendations do not set a priority, timing, or funding for the various projects within the plan. The Committee’s recommendation considers the current site conditions and balances the needs and concerns related to the desires to enhance the park amenities available to Brambleton’s residents.
Resident Comment Period: There will be a two-week Resident Comment Period during which Brambleton residents throughout the neighborhood are encouraged to review the recommendation and proposed comprehensive park plans, and provide the Board with comments and feedback on the plans. The recommendation and supporting documents are posted on this page. These are the documents that the Committee provided to the Board as part of its recommendation.
The Board is also holding a special meeting to hear resident input on the Committee’s Comprehensive Park Plan recommendation. The Resident Forum portion of this meeting will begin promptly at 7:00pm; doors open at 6:45pm. Each resident who signs up to speak may be given up to 3 minutes to communicate to the Board.
Special Board Meeting Information:
- Location: Brambleton Corner Clubhouse, 42255 Palladian Blue Terrace
- Date: Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Time: Meeting starts at 7:00pm; doors open at 6:45pm
Once the Board reviews the plan, considers residents feedback on the plan, and discusses it, they will take action on the Committee’s recommendation. The timing of that action is not known at this time.
Brambleton Community Association (Association or BCA) remains committed to transparency and will continue to update residents through the website, Friday Flash, emails, and newsletters.
The Association desires a balanced park system that will provide active and passive recreational opportunities that will improve and enhance the lifestyle and health of all residents within our community. BCA will accomplish this through a strategic and comprehensive process that will involve residents in every step of the planning process while considering its mission, vision, and core values.
The Association desires to develop a comprehensive plan for two additional neighborhood parks. Parker Rodriguez ("Firm"), a landscape architecture and land planning firm, has been hired by the Association to facilitate the design process.
The Committee and the Association reviewed all the feedback they received on the first draft of the comprehensive plans, conducted site visits, and worked together with the Firm to create a second draft of the comprehensive plans.
Neighborhood Park in Recreation District 3:
Please review the Related Documents on this page for further information on these projects and the process.
This page will be updated as the process and projects advance.
- PARK 3 and 4 COMPREHENSIVE PLAN RECOMMENDATIONS
- Exhibit 1 - RDPC Final Document
- Exhibit 2 - Park 3 Plan Recommendation
- Exhibit 2 - Park 4 Plan Recommendation
- Exhibit 3 - Surveymonkey Res Input P3
- Exhibit 3 - Surveymonkey Res Input P4
- Exhibit 4 - First Draft Park 3 Plan
- Exhibit 4- First Draft Park 4 Plan
- Exhibit 5 - GF Minutes 20160816
- Exhibit 5 - GF Minutes 20160920
- Exhibit 5 - GF Minutes 20161018
- Exhibit 5 - GF Minutes 20161220
- Exhibit 6 - Res Email Input P3and4 to Date113016
- Exhibit 7 - 2nd Draft Park 3 Plan
- Exhibit 7 - 2nd Draft Park 4 Plan
- Exhibit 8 - RAVs GF Committe Updates
- Exhibit 9 - Hanson Regional Park