The Grounds and Facilities Committee's primary responsibility is to advise the Board of Directors on issues related to rules, policies, maintenance, upkeep, and the use of the common grounds and facilities. The scope of the Committee is focused on:
- Review scope and proposals of major grounds & facility service providers;
- Review, draft, recommend rules and regulations related to grounds and facilities;
- Review, initiate, recommend scope, amenities, design, and other characteristics of capital projects;
- Listen to and consider residents' concerns on comments in regards to the grounds and facilities;
- Establish sub-committees to focus on specific grounds or facility issues.
The Committee meets monthly, typically at the BCA Management Office on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. The meeting is open to all BCA residents and opens with a Resident Comment Period where residents have the opportunity to directly address the Committee on any grounds or facility matters. Meeting agendas are typically set the day of the meeting and are available to residents by request. The typical meeting lasts 1.5-2 hours.