Trash & Recycling
Brambleton Community Association provides trash and recycling services to all single-family detached and town homes as part of the assessment. Republic Recycling and Trash Removal is the company that provides these services to the community.
Condominium Associations located within Brambleton contract directly for trash and recycling services. Condominium residents should contact their community manager for more information regarding their services.
Republic Services: Holiday Collection Schedule
- Christmas Tree Collection: Tree collection services are scheduled for Tuesday, January 10, 2023. Trees over eight feet in length are to be cut in half, and all lights and decorations are to be removed before placing trees curbside.
Trash containers and recycling bins can be placed at the curb no earlier than 6:00 p.m. on the evening before the scheduled pickup day. Residents can place materials out the night before if winds no greater than 10 mph are present or forecasted. Containers and bins should be placed curbside no later than 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled pickup day.
All containers should be removed following pickup on the same day of the scheduled trash removal and stored out of view. Residents are responsible for cleaning any unsecured trash that is blown or spilled from their container.
All trash should be placed in plastic bags and contained within Republic trash toters. Boxes should be crushed or broken down and placed in recycling toters.
The following removal and recycling services are provided to single-family lots:
- Trash Pickup – Tuesdays and Fridays
- Recycling – Fridays
- Yard Debris Recycling – Tuesdays (March - December). Yard waste consisting of grass clippings and leaves must be placed in dedicated and identified containers or in paper “yard waste” bags for collection. Yard waste decals for dedicated containers are available at the BCA Management Office. Branches need to be cut into 4-foot maximum lengths and bundled. View Republic Services' Collection Guidelines for additional information.
- Recycling of Christmas Trees – Typically takes place during the first two weeks of January. Dates will be announced prior to Christmas so residents can plan accordingly.
- General Bulk Item Pickup – By appointment only. No extra fee applied for bulk items 2 cubic yards or less per month. Scheduled bulk items should be placed curbside no later than 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled day. View Republic Services' Collection Guidelines and Bulk Pickup Item List for additional information.
New to the Community & Service Requests
To arrange for the delivery of new trash and recycling toters, or to place bulk item pick up requests, residents should contact Republic Services directly by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full Name, Address & Phone Number
- HOA Name – Brambleton Community Association
- Description of Request – "I'm a new resident and need my trash & recycle bins", "my trash bin is damaged and need a replacement", etc.
- Bulk Pickup requests – please specify item(s), item size, and include picture(s) of items if possible.
Toters remain the property of Republic. All residents are responsible for the care and cleaning of the toter issued to their address. All Republic toters contain serial numbers on the front of the container. Please record and keep the serial number for future reference.
To replace a broken or damaged toter, please call Republic Services at 703-818-8222 or email email@example.com. Please provide your name, address, a photo of the damaged bin(s), and the preferred replacement bin size upon request. Replacement bin sizes (gallons): 95, 68, and 32. 32 gallon bins are only available for recycling.